Tuesday, September 13, 2011

As many of you already know; My families business was struck my lightening September 11, 2011. Around 9:30pm Sunday night, there was a lightening storm that came across Southern Utah. Lightening struck the roof of the cleaners and started a fire. After the St. George Fire Department shut down Hilton Dr, It ended up taking 6 fire trucks, 2 fire trucks were the ones that had ladders and fought it from the top and it was 3 1/2 hours until the fire was contained enough to leave it for the night. Malibu would of been celebrating 19 years of service soon, it so awful to see all my parents hard work just go up into flames. They will have a lot of work to do infront of them, along with the wonderful employees that they have staffed. I wish I could be there, but I can only do so much from this far away. I know that my family will have amazing support behind them in the road to recovery, but I just hope that the wonderful customers will still use the cleaners and come to the other location over in Washington.
Here is a link to KSL about the story of the cleaners, and a little video clip.
Here is a link to THE SPECTRUM, they have a pictures that are good but you have to be a subscriber to see more than just the single one that you can see when you click the link.

Malibu Cleaners
324 W Hilton Dr.

Front View

Right Side of Building

Right Side of Building Up Close

Front Lobby

Front Lobby from Outside

Counter Area

Airplane Tetertotter

Kids Play Station/Alteration Area

Counter Area Again

My dad talking to the Insurance Company





No comments:

Post a Comment