Sunday, November 25, 2012

thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Yeah its a few days late on this post,
I have been enjoying my time off from work.
A little mini stay 'cation,
just what I needed.

I have never cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner by myself,
I will admit.. I was a bit worried.
A turkey, a big turkey.
(thanks to Brecken's boss)
All the sides.
potatoes, rolls, gravy, veggies.

Now I didn't do everything that I wanted too,
Cause it was just going to be the two of us.
Heaven forbid that all those left overs would be in my fridge,
they would never get eaten before they went bad.

I stayed to the basics.
Turkey
Gravy
Rolls
Twice Baked Potatoes
Creamed Corn
Sugar Glazed Carrots

I am pretty proud of myself,
I roasted the Turkey
Although Brecken did help me clean it,
and take it out of the oven; a few times.
The recipe was from the lovely Pioneer Woman;
though I changed it from orange to lemon due to my allergies
It was delicious may I say myself - here

The gravy was made from scratch;
with the drippings from the turkey
which turned into a lemon rosemary gravy.
I thought it was delicious.

Twice Baked Potatoes from a Pinterest Recipe - here

Now I kind of cheated with the sides.
Rolls were Pillsbury Crescents
Corn was steamed Green Giant
Carrots were semi homemade thanks to Green Giant; again.

But all in all, It was delicious and very filling.







Hope every9one had a happy and filling thanksgiving J

No comments:

Post a Comment