Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Turkey Fried Rice



I really have been making it an effort to eat better now that I am striving to live a healthier life. I might as well not waste the time I put in at the gym, by feeding my body with horrible things. So, last week I went to the grocery store with a short list of things that I needed to make meals for the week.



Shopping List:

1lb Ground Turkey • 1 lb Chicken • Fresh Green Beans • 2 Yellow Squash

2 Zucchini • 2 Small Sweet Potatoes • Single Bag Kale Salad • Frozen Bag Mixed Veggies

1 Box Brown Rice • 1 Container Organic Granola • 10 Greek Yogurts • 1 Container Almond Milk



With this short list I made myself 6 days worth of meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinners. I was pretty proud of myself, especially when I only spent $32! Now, this doesn’t include a snack for after breakfast and my protein for my post workout snack, but it makes all of my main meals for 6 days.

The wonderful things about this meal prep, is that I made a few different lunch and dinner meals. Because I can’t eat the same thing day after day, that makes me want to cheat badly!



Rosemary Chicken // Turkey Burgers // Turkey Fried Rice // Chicken Kale Salad





Turkey Fried Rice


½ lb Ground Turkey

½ Small Bag Mixed Veggies

1 Egg

Brown Rice



Cook the turkey. I seasoned mine with a little salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash. I like to use Mrs. Dash because it is a low sodium seasoning product. Plus, it comes in multiple flavors. I cooked 2 cups of brown rice as directed on the package. Once the turkey is almost cooked, add the egg and scramble it. Add veggies and let cook for a minute or two longer. I, then add the rice and let it all cook together for a little while. Sometimes, I will add a few dashes of soy sauce; that is totally up to you though.


This recipe yields 3 servings for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment