Friday, August 12, 2011

..North Dakota..

{a new adventure}
Sautrday July 9, 2011.. The start of the Journey. I finished packing up the rest of my car, with help from wonderful Matt (of course) and then we got into the car and started our drive. We had a long long drive ahead of us was the least to say. MapQuest says that Minot, ND is approx 20 hours 55 minutes, 1398.21 miles. Yes, so a long drive; is the least to say.
Here was the Game Plan... Saturday we would drive from St. George to Pocatello Idaho 7 hours 12 mins, 479.13 miles.
Sunday we would drive from Pocatello Idaho to Bismarck, North Dakota 12 hours 3 mintues, 812.28 miles.
Monday I would then be dropping off my mom at the airport in Bismarck (cause flights werent going out of Minot until thursday, and due to the flood there was no hotels that were open and three of us in the trailer with one bed wouldn't work.) I would then make the 1 hour 50 minute, 109.96 miles drive to Minot by myself.
So we started our journey northward, and stopped in Salt Lake at Jamie's condo where the family was having their monthly get together. They were all having so much fun swimming in the pool, it was so good to see everyone even though it was just for a short amount of time. The kids are all growing up so fast I can hardly believe my eyes, it crazy how much they grow up in just such a short amount of time. Once we left Jamie's condo, we headed to Pocatello and stayed at the Hampton Inn. Geez, that Hampton Inn is soo nice, I recommend staying there if you are headed up that way.
Sunday, we woke up a little on the late side; but I figured it didn't matter. We ate breakfast and got on the road. Then it hit, the construction... let me tell you I have never hated construction sites so much as I did on this trip. They were everywhere! The speed limit was only 35, and of course not a single soul was found on any one of the job sites.! So our just under 13 hour driving day turned into 16 with all the construction that we ended up going through. We stopped along out journey at a little fishing town in Idaho, and took some pictures. Then we stopped at Big Sky, Montana to have some late lunch at the BugaBoo Cafe. Then again along the road in Montana at the Cinnamon Lodge, took some pictures and dipped our toes in the freezing Montana waters. Finally at 1:30am we made it to Bismarck, North Dakota Hamptonn Inn.
Monday, we had breakfast and lounged a little; got ready and then left the hotel. Mom's flight wasn't until later in the evening and she didn't have to be to the airport until approx 3pm. We ended up walking around the mall and target, and drove around Bismarck. It is kinda a nice town, got lots of fun restraunts and things like that. I dropped Mom off at the aiport and headed to Minot. 1 hour and 30 minutes later I was in Minot, ND. Finally, no more driving.! Yay, I was at my new home..
Here are a few pictures from the trip.. I wish I would of taken more, but I didn't.

Welcome to Idaho

The little fishing village
Welcome to Montana
My toes in the freezing montana water


Mom and I took some pictures

Cinnamon Lodge. Yes there was a huge carved bear! so of course we had to take pictures with it! duh!




Our pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment