Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lavender Bath Salt



I have always been one that has a, what I call, weird sleeping schedule. There are nights where I get amazing sleep, I fall asleep fast and sleep solid throughout the entire night. Then there are those other nights, I toss and turn, lay awake for hours, and for the life of me can’t get a single hour of restful sleep. I have always hated that I go back and forth.


Also, I am not one for wanting to take medication for me to sleep. It scared me to think of the possibility of sleeping through my alarm and waking up when I am already suppose to be at work. Yeah that is just not something that I could handle to do.  So, over the years I have tried multiple things in attempt to have peaceful night’s sleep continually throughout the week.


Well, Ladies and Gentleman.. Let me tell you about something that I have found and I love it! One word; Lavender. I have used doTERRA Lavender Oil multiple ways to continually get peaceful night’s sleep. When I am struggling to fall asleep, I just lather some on my chest and/or feet. If I have had a long day and I need some relaxation right before bed, I get into a lavender salted bath. These are just a few of the many ways that I have incorporated Lavender into my life.


So, I thought I would share with you not only the Lavender I used, but the actual Salt Scrub that I have come to love! Hope you love it as much as I do! Mine isn’t in a cute jar like this, but this picture is from the site I found this wonderful Lavender Bath Salt.






Ingredients:

2 cups Epsom Salt

1 ½ tbsp Lavender Oil

1 ½ tbsp Oil (I used Coconut)

A few springs of Lavender Flowers and/or Leaves

Couple of drops of natural food coloring (optional)



Directions:

Add salts to a seal-able glass container and stir in oil with a metal spoon. Add a couple drops of food coloring and stir through evenly. Rub the lavender leaves between your fingers to release the oils/fragrances and place on top of the salts for storage.

Add a single cup of salt into warm bath water and let dissolve before relaxing in the bath – the lavender leaves are there for fragrance, not for use in the bathwater. You will need to stir before use, as the oils tend to settle down in the base of the jar after a while.

Relax and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. lavender is my absolute favorite. Like you, I need help sleeping!

    ReplyDelete