Thursday, August 7, 2014

LITTLE INTRODUCTION



If you are a new reader of Life in the Sunshine or have been around for a while, it is always a good idea to become reacquainted with the Author; Me. Since it is August, my birthday month, I thought it would be a perfect time to do a little Get to Know Me Series… So, Ladies and Gents, here it is.
 


 THE BASICS

So, obviously my name is McKenzie but I prefer to be called Kenzie. I am 24, will be 25 on the 28th of this month. I was born in Northern Utah, but raised in the sweet sunshine of Southern Utah. I absolutely love living here; it is the most beautiful scenery I could ever imagine.

I am a manager of our families Dry Cleaning business. I never went to college, but I have an amazing father who has taught me all the in and out’s of the business. I wouldn’t change it for the world either; I believe that I have learned so much this way. Plus, his brain and my brain working together this past couple of years have really been amazing.

Family is the most important thing in my entire life. I am extremely blessed to be so close to my family. Here is the Spafford Clan: Lynn (dad), Marilyn (mom), Torie (sister), and Levi (brother). You can’t forget our precious dogs, because they too are family; Harlie (boxer) and Cougar (lab).

I am taken by the sweetest man on this earth; Brecken. We started dating in Dec ’08 and were completely smitten with each other. We moved to North Dakota together a year or so after dating, so he could purse a job up there. We broke up in Nov ’11 deciding it was the best thing for us at that time, sometimes as hard as it is, it is the best thing for a relationship. Brecken and I reconnected with each other April of this year and it has evolved into an amazing relationship.

My best friend is named Kati. You will see her a lot on the blog, especially when it has anything to do with outdoor adventures, shopping trips, travels, family events; you name it she will most likely be there. Kati and I have been friends since sophomore year in High School, so over 10 years now. She is my sidekick, my partner in crime, and my shoulder to cry on.



WHAT I LIKE

I am a lover of food, fashion, photos, outdoors/adventure, and travel.

When it comes to food, it doesn’t matter if I am in the kitchen or at a restaurant. I love to cook and eat. I am a huge lover of Pasta, Pizza, Steak, Seafood, Sushi, and of course Dessert. You can’t go without dessert my friends; it is the best part of the entire meal. Well, unless you have one amazing drink, then they possibly may tie with a 50/50 in my book. Plus, a good Raspberry Lime-Aid will make you a favorite person automatically in my book!

Fashion, well I will admit, I am slightly obsessed with clothing, shoes, and purses. I haven’t ever been a huge person into accessories, but have recently found a love for them. We will see how that relationship pans out. But in all seriousness, I love fashion. Then again, what isn’t to love about a new outfit and a perfect pair of shoes/heels?

There is something magical about photos to me. I love photography, even though I have never gotten really serious about doing it major. But, I mostly love going through photos that you have taken in the past and remembering that moment in time when you took it. The memories that come back, make that picture worth a thousand smiles. To top it off, I love to model for photos too! I will admit it, yep I love to get all ready and do a fun photoshoot!

Since I grew up in Southern Utah, I have a special place in my heart of the outdoors. I love the lake during the summer time. Hiking is wonderful in the Spring and Fall. Just simply being outside and enjoying the sunshine is the best thing ever. 

Travelling has always been something that I absolutely love! Since I was young, my family had the opportunity to be able to travel all sorts of places, but we always go back to Costa Rica. It has to be our favorite spot in the entire world. We love to go down and do Humanitarian work while we visit. There are so many places in the world I would love to be able to see in my lifetime.

5 comments:

  1. I love learning more about bloggers :)

    And I nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog! Check it out :)
    http://my-sunshines-blog.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your adorable blog! I wanted to email this to you, but your account is set up as a non-reply blogger :(

      Delete
  3. You can do a focus of me on your blog.......only if I can look as good as you and sounds as fun!! haha Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this! I just found your blog last week so it's great to meet you :) ~Ree

    ReplyDelete