Wednesday, August 13, 2014

SPICY PORK TACOS


When it comes to meat, I will always be a pork lover. I love that it is so good whether it is made to be spicy, mild, or sweet. Pork will always be a winner in my book. So, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite pork recipes that is little on the spicy end of the scale. Now, it isn’t like crazy Habanero kind of hot, but it has a nice Chipotle kick that adds some amazing flavor to the pork.
This recipe is perfect for any kind of meal whether it be for sandwiches, enchiladas, or taco in this case. Once you try it, I promise that you won’t be disappointed.

Ingredients
1 (4 pound) Pork Loin Roast
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon Seasonal or Pork Seasonal
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Sage
1 teaspoon Sweet Basil
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 cans Cherry Coke
I bottle Chipotle with Lime Marinade (Kroger Brand is what I used)
Pinch of Salt

Directions
Mix Seasonal, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Onion Powder, Sage, and Sweet Basil together in a large bowl. Add Pork and toss until completely coated. Sometimes it is good to rub in as much of the seasonings as you can.
Melt Butter in a large skillet over medium head; fry pork until brown on all sides, approx. 10 minutes. Transfer Pork into Slow cooker.
Pour the cans of Cherry Coke and Chipotle Marinade over Pork. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. During the last hour of cooking, mix together brown sugar and salt in bowl. Add approx. 1 cup of juice from slow cooker and combine. Then place the sauce over the pork, continue to cook for 1 hour.
Transfer pork to plate and shred with 2 forks. Once shredded, return pork to slow cooker and stir. Continue to cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes. Sauce may thicken during this time, if not, just drain juice from pork and serve.
 

This time for tacos, I warmed myself up some flour tortillas. Packed in the pork, topped it with some cheese, lettuce, and homemade salsa. It was to die for, if I must say so myself.

Do you have any good pork recipes?
Or, do you have a new recipe I can incorporate it in?


So, posting recipes aren't my favorite (although I love to cook/bake) because I feel like my pictures aren't blog worthy. Do you have pointers, advice, guides, how too's? I will love and take anything that you throw my way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment