Monday, September 22, 2014

5 MINUTES TO OUT THE DOOR


When my alarm goes off at 5:30 Monday – Friday, I am not exactly the best at actually getting out of bed without hitting snooze a couple of times. So most morning I have to resort to a quick and simple 5 minute make-up routine. The best thing about this 5 minute beauty routine though, it doesn’t look like it was done in 5 minutes.

5 Minute Make-up Routine - Life in the Sunshine






After I moisturize my face, I brush on a quick layer of foundation. I fell in love with my Naked Skin by Urban Decay about a year ago and have never looked back. It is weightless and easy to apply; plus if you do it with a foundation brush you will never look at liquid foundation the same again.

Second step : I swipe on some blush and eye shadow. Keeping it simple and natural is the key for me. I really have fallen in love with the different trio of colors from the Sephora line (brown, blush, golds, and even greens). They really are so easy, because depending if I have a minute or two longer, I can do a quick smoky eye without having to think about it. My blush is always a beautiful pink color that compliments my skin tone. Remember that natural is the key here, so a little goes a long way. 

Before I am done, I quickly apply some of my favorite mascara; Voluminous Million Lashes by L’Oreal Paris. I seriously don’t know what I would do without this mascara, it does wonders for my lashes and when it comes to taking off my mascara at night, I am not fighting it either. 

I love to put on a little bit of lip gloss, but this is totally up to you. I love having soft and moisturized lips throughout the day. I usually keep my lip gloss on hand! I usually will opt for Victoria’s Secret, Cover Girl, or Revlon because of the way they feel on my lips throughout the day.


What is your quick beauty routine or favorite go-to products?

3 comments:

  1. Great tips! I have a similar routine and I love Nars blush! Sunscreen, some BB cream, a swipe of mascara on curled lashes, a bit of powder for shine control, and some blush. Done! ~Ree

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My quick look is spreading on some BB or CC cream (currently using Olay's), swiping on some mascara (I pretty much love all Maybelline ones), and then some chapstick or lipgloss (I have like a million favorites of those!). Done and done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the market for new mascara, so I need to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete