Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chicken Tamale Casserole



I don’t know about your family, but mine has a special place for Mexican food. We just absolutely love it. So, when I come across a recipe that makes Mexican easy and simple, I am sold. I have to try it! I came across this Chicken Tamale Casserole on Pinterest yesterday. That was it, I had to try it. I will admit, it was a crowd pleaser. Both of my parents and I loved it, plus it was so simple to make.


CHICKEN TAMALE CASSEROLE



-INGREDIENTS-

1 cup (4 ounces) 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided

1/3 cup fat-free milk

1/4 cup egg substitute

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper

1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn

1 (8.5 ounce) box corn muffin mix

1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained

1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce

2 cups shredded cooked chicken

1/2 cup fat-free sour cream, optional



-PREPERATION-

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine in a large bowl and stir until moist,  1/4 cup of cheese with milk, egg, cumin, red pepper, corn, muffin mix, and green chilies. Pour mixture into a 13 X 9-inch dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce the entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares, and serve with a tablespoon of sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment