Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Are You A No-Reply Blogger.?





There are a few things that I love about blogging, the obvious being that I love to share my favorite things with you. But, what I love the most about blogging is the interaction I get with my readers/followers. I love being able to meet new people and say thank you to those who comment on my posts! 


What makes me sad though, is when I get an email notification of a comment with noreply-comment@blogger.com, because I want to be able to reach out and say thank you for your sweet note! So, if you are currently using the Blogger Platform and you don’t have a visible email on your profile, then this tutorial is for you to change that.

Also, for anyone who is a blogger with an email that is visible, there is a TIP at the bottom to get connect with those who aren’t on the Blogger Platform. 

NO-REPLY BLOGGER COMMENTS
First, you need to start in your blogger dashboard. Then, follow the steps below to make sure you are not a no-reply blogger. Make sure to hit save on Step 4!

ARE YOUR BLOGGER ACCOUNT & GOOGLE+ CONNECTED
If your blogger account is connected to a google+ account, you first need to disconnect in order to be able to change this. You can re-connect them again afterwards, I promise. Start in your blogger dashboard. Click on the setting icon wheel. It is next to the language option at the top of your screen. Connect/Disconnect from Google+ and follow the prompts.


NON-BLOGGER PLATFORMS
Most of us, who are on the blogger platform, aren’t being fair to some of the no-reply bloggers. I read in this tutorial that blogging platforms such as Wordpess & Typepad have no way of changing their setting, because their platforms are set up differently than the Blogger. But, hold on there is a way to be in contact with commenter’s on a different blogging platform. It just takes a step or two more.

All you have to do is click on the name of the commenter in your email and/or dashboard. The name is a hyperlink that will send you directly to their profile, blog, or google+ profile. From there you can get into contact with whomever is leaving comments on your blog!

IF NONE OF THESE APPLY
But, if you are a blogger who doesn’t have a single email address set up that I can reach you at. Please do me a favor and leave your email at the bottom of your comment, that way I can get in contact with you and thank you for your sweet note!
 

1 comment:

  1. I get annoyed sometimes when I see that I can't reply back to a commenter, especially when they have made an amazing comment or asked a question.

    http://italianbelladiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete