Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Navy + Maroon

Ruffles & Volume | The Creative Closet

I am so excited to be joining Jana and Maegan for The Creative Closet today. This by far has been one of my favorite link ups that I continue to participate in! With all of the fun ideas that both Jana and Maegan have come up with every week, it makes me get creative with the clothing I already have in my closet and dream about a few pieces I can't wait to add to it! It has really inspired me to come out of my comfort zone and try thing that I never would have before.

When I started blogging about fashion, I never realized how much my style is all over the place. It is a little bit girlie (okay, a lot) + a little bit bohemian + a dash of classic inspiration. So, when I read Ruffles and Volume on Jana and Maegan's list, I instantly knew I had to snag the spot.! It was perfect.! 
Ruffles & Volume - Obey Sweatshirt + Bohme Skirt make a perfect fall outfit

I will admit, I didn't have a single outfit that has ruffles in my closet. But, I knew that I had the perfect idea of what I wanted to do for this week. I wanted an adorable skirt that I could pair with a sweater for fall and winter. It needed to have volume that added that girlie touch, to a comfy outfit. I wanted it to be darker in color, so it would pair perfectly with my fall and winter wardrobe. When I walked in Bohme a couple of weeks ago, I knew this was the exact skirt I had envisioned and I couldn't let it out of my hands.! 
Ruffles & Volume | Obey Sweatshirt + Bohme Skirt | Life in the Sunshine Blog
 Ruffles & Volume | Obey Sweatshirt + Bohme Skirt | Life in the Sunshine Blog
 Ruffles & Volume | Obey Sweatshirt + Bohme Skirt | Life in the Sunshine Blog
 Ruffles & Volume | Obey Sweatshirt + Bohme Skirt | Life in the Sunshine Blog

I decided to pair this skirt with a slouchy and comfy Obey sweatshirt, because I have a slight obsession with anything Obey. I couldn't help myself finish this outfit off with my favorite slouchy cowboy boots and my cream clutch.  
(side note : If you don't own anything Obey, run don't walk to your nearest store and snatch something  from their fall collection up; you will not be disappointed I promise) 
Ruffles & Volume | Obey Sweatshirt + Bohme Skirt | Life in the Sunshine Blog
Sweatshirt | Skirt | Boots | Socks (old) | Handbag
 
I am so happy that the crisp air has finally made its way into Southern Utah and I am able to wear all of my favorite + some new fall outfits like this very one.! I am so excited to see what everyone has put together for this week!
The Creative Closet

The linkup will go live every Tuesday at 12 am EST. Bloggers will be able to submit their take on the week's prompt. We hope you'll use this linkup to get creative with your style, make friend's, inspire and be inspired, and grow your blogging community. We're so thrilled you want to link up with us! 

Here are the rules: 

1) Follow your hosts and the week's co-host (first 3 links)

2) Visit and comment on 2 other blogs--don't just share your link and run! That's no fun. Remember to be an encourager! :)

3) In your blog post, share either The Creative Closet button or a link back to this post on your blog.

Optional, but oh so recommended:

4) Share your look on social media using #thecreativecloset

An InLinkz Link-up

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you chose to get creative and portray this look. It's so chic and I would never think to pair a sweater with a skirt like this, but it's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the direction you took for this post! I'm not a big ruffle person either, so I totally feel you. It looks like it could double for the "cute and cozy" prompt in two weeks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! This is such a creative look, with so many interesting pairings, I can't get over it! I always end up sticking to two basic styles, I feel, and I really need to try and be more creative myself. Well done! :) It's completely cute and looks very comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "pleated" skirt look is close enough to ruffles, right?! LOVE this cozy outfit, it's a perfect transition into fall! I'd never think to do the sweater/skirt thing!

    ReplyDelete