Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Up, Up, and Away..

Tuesday, September 17: A memory you would love to relive.


I would give anything to have the feeling I get when I see Grandpa’s Hot Air Balloon rise up into the sky on a brisk holiday morning. The laughter in the families’ voices, the smiles on their faces, everyone bundled up trying to stay warm; it is a priceless moment. I miss the adventure of chasing the beautiful bright balloon all over the Salt Lake Valley. Sending the balloon up first thing Thanksgiving morning was always the best way to start the holiday season off. Christmas Eve was always my favorite though, sending up Santa in the Hot Air Balloon. The Chase Crew always there to pass out Candy Canes when Santa landed in neighborhood. The smiles we were able to see through out the years, made waking up worth every single moment. I miss the joy it brought to my family, the smiles, the pictures, the adventure, laughter, and fun. We all have a special spot in our hearts for Last Chance, and the balloons before it. I miss the beauty of the entire tradition we had. I even miss the crappy coffee or hot chocolate we got each time. I would give anything just to be able turn back time and see it fly one more time.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun tradition that must have been! I love hearing about the unique ways that families celebrated holidays together :) I've never been up in a hot air balloon before, but it's on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I've always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I wish I could email you back a response, but you don't have your email set up through your blogger account :(
      Being up in a hot air balloon is the best feeling every, its so peaceful up in the sky just floating. If you get the opportunity, do it, don't pass it up.

      Delete