Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who Am I.?


 


Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.
 I was raised in the Heart of Dixie; St. George, Utah. The scenery here in St. George is nothing short of breathtaking that for sure. I grew up close to so many different places that I have grown to love so much; Zion’s National Park, Lake Powell, and Snow Canyon State Park. I am an outdoors person in so many different ways. I love nothing more than a beautiful summer’s day when I can be outside enjoying the weather and the sun in kissing my skin. Lake days are by far my favorite thing, and I have grown to appreciate the beauty that the water has. I think one of my favorite things in this life is; waking up to watch the sunrise on the glassy lake.
My family is the glue that keeps my life together. I have always believed that family may not all be blood, because family are the people who keep you going and always are there to hold you up. I don’t know what I would ever do without my family. My Mother and Father have taught me so much when it comes to hard work, and always doing your very best. My Father has taught me to be strong and never let anyone stand in the way of what I want in life. My Mother has taught me to always believe in myself, especially when times are tough. My Brother will always be my protector, and the one person that will do absolutely anything for me. It doesn’t matter the time, the day, or the place; if I need him, he is there. I hope that one day; I will find a man who will treat me like my brother treats me. My Sister Torie is the funniest person I know, honestly though. I never know what is going to come out of that woman’s mouth. She has been the most help when everything went south bound in my last relationship. I was trying to understand my depression, and without asking, she helped me understand so many different things. She took it upon herself to help, in whatever way she could. My Best Friend Kati is my other half. Seriously, that is the only way to explain it. She is the person who I can trust with anything, and know that no matter what I have done, she will have my back! She knows exactly what to say, and when to say it, when I need to a help. I love how close we are, the jokes we have, the bond we have created, and knowing that we will always be there for each other.
My family is huge into Humanitarian Aid and Service Projects. I think that this is a huge part of why I am the person I am. I have gained so much appreciation for the thing s I have in my life, due to the service we have given. There is nothing more humbling, then helping someone in need. Near or far, it will hit you like nothing else will. When we started helping elementary schools in Costa Rica, I was at the very young age of 6/7. I remember going to this one school, and we helped supply them with computers that actually worked. The guy who went with our family, took apart the computers, and made 3 very good computers out of 5 bad computers. My Mother and Father were able to talk with some of the families who had children in that class we helped so many years ago. Because of the help we have supplied these kids of the years; 3 of the children went on to college. These once children are now a doctor, a lawyer, and very well known chef. It is absolutely amazing to me that we helped these kids grow up to be such inspiring people. Hard work and dedication, only pays off in the end.
Well that is just a little about who I am..
Much Love, Kenzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment