Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Recap

Yes everyone, it's Monday.
The weekend is over, and 5 more days till it is the weekend again.
But it is time to link up with Sami from Sami's Shenanigans
for the update of what happened over the weekend..



20100529 – Saturday - The Wasatch Mountains and Salt Lake Valley
Photo Credit to: Ray Boren - Website: Click Here

I spent this past weekend up in Salt Lake City.
Visiting family, seeing friends, and eating yummy food.


Friday: After the 4 hour drive from St. George to Salt Lake, Mom and I were starving. So we picked up Grandma and went to Jim's. There French Toast with Strawberries is to die for. So flipping good. Little did we know it would be a huge family dinner. Aunt Vickie and Uncle Dan; plus all their kids (minus Nathan and Chris) arrived at Jim's right after we had sat down. So we opted for a big table and all sat together. After dinner I was able to hang out with Casey, Kelsey, and David. David picked me up on his new bike, which was a blast to ride. Just need to get myself a better fitting helmet for his bike. I am so mad that I didn't get a picture of us together on it. Would of been one for the books. Well they are all coming to visit in a couple of weeks, and I will make up for the lost pictures. I can promise you all that. :)


Saturday: Emmie was being baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The whole family came to support her and show our love. It was a lot of fun to be able to spend time with all the family afterwards at the Leake's house for a luncheon. Emmie looked so beautiful in her baptism dress and I am now kicking myself for not getting a picture of her in it. I took a few pictures of myself with Maddie and Brynn, and of course Mr. Luke wouldn't do it with us. So I snapped a few pics of him when I could..

I totally was in love with my outfit for the Baptism.
Skirt: Rock 'n' Rose
Blouse: Bohme
 Tanks: Buckle
Shoes: Nordstroms 
(Not Pictured; Nude Peep Toe Stilettos)


For dinner we met up with Torie and Pnut to have some Joe's Crab Shack.
Delicious to say the least, I wish we had one here in good ol' St. George.
The atmosphere was so fun and the drinks were to die for.
Strawberry Peach Sangria, yummy.



Sunday: Before I headed for home, I went to Fashion Place Mall and did all little shopping. H&M was calling my name. Can you blame me though, they have amazing stuff and amazing prices. Then Mom, Grandma, and Myself met up with Kenzie Barnum for some California Pizza Kitchen. I love their think crust pizza almost as much as I love the place in San Diego. Yes, I did eat almost the entire pizza myself. The rest went in a box for the car ride home, and was consumed for dinner. No CPK Pizza shall ever be waisted. It was so good to see Barnum. I have missed my sidekick so much with everything going on in life. It sucks having her live in SLC, but I love seeing her so happy. She loves it there and her life is just going so well for her right now. I am so happy for her.!
So I jumped in the car and headed for home. Saw a ton of cops, and didn't get a ticket. I would say the trip was a success. On a sad note, I had a friend of mine pass away this weekend. Life is too short, and people are taken away from this earth way to young. Don't take life for granted and cherish the time you spend with loved ones, friends, and even acquaintances. You never know when their time will come and god will take them back home to live with him. Rest in Peace my friend. You will be missed..!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
Much Love, Kenzie





No comments:

Post a Comment