Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Words of Wisdom Wednesday: Love Edition

Words of Wisdom Wednesday
:Love Edition:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7






Meet my parents; Lynn and Marilyn Spafford.
Today they are celebrating 26 years of marriage.
Marriage is defined as a social union or legal contract between two people called spouses. I think that marriage is so much more than just a legal contract. I am not married myself, but I can see the love and patience it takes to make a marriage work. I have always wondered what people think it takes to stay happily married for a lifetime. So I started asking people around me, including my parents what they think it takes to make a marriage good. I find the main keys are; trust, patience, forgiveness, communication, compromise, compassion, loyalty, and fire. There are so many little things that I heard that became aware to me of what it takes to make a marriage happy that never occurred to me too. Things like; courage, strength, thoughtfulness, and closeness. I believe that no marriage will ever be perfect, but in my eyes there will always be a blissful marriage that is reachable. When I asked a good friend today what she thinks makes her marriage so happy she simply told me; love, trust, loyalty, forgiveness, patience, compromise, communication, and time spent just between you and your spouse. Marriage is hard, and it will always be a challenge, but if both of you are willing to work on it everyday and always do what is best for each other, and yourself; you will succeed. I know that someday my prince charming will come. I am so happy that I have so many marriages around me that are blissfully happy; they are inspiration. I have always loved the scripture I put above, because I feel as if every single word is true. It is something to live by each and everyday. It says it as simple as you can imagine.

Congratulations to my parents for 26 years of marriage. Many years of memories down, and many years of memories to go. I love you both.


href="http://kenziespafford.blogspot.com"img border="1"  src="http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/kenzie048/WordsofWisdom.jpg"


Much Love, Kenzie

1 comment: