Sunday, June 16, 2013

you had my heart first.




Dear Dad:

I want to start off by saying Thank You; for everything you do for our family, our friends, our neighbors, those who surround us, and myself. You have brought me up to believe in the generosity of the heart and to always lend a helping hand when someone is reaching for one. To have been able to watch you as you poured your heart and soul into helping people has humbled me so much through out the years. It is the little moments and things that you do, that make me so happy that I am the one who gets to call you dad.
         Your drive to succeed in life has made me such a strong and independent woman. For that I thank you! I am so grateful that you taught me to stand on my own to feet and take care of myself. Yet the second I needed someone to cry too, you always lent out your should and a warm embrace to help wipe away my tears. Such a strong man, with a soft spot for his children has to be one of the most beautiful things in this entire world.
         Through the up and downs we have had over the years, I am grateful to have you as an example. A strong man who doesn’t let fear or disappointment bring him down. You stay faithful and strong. You have made me believe that love is everlasting; and no matter what I deserve the very best in this world. The unconditional love you have for Mom has taught me that someday My Prince Charming will come. He will treat me right, and I will always be taken care of. My children will have parents to look up too, and have a good example in their lives.
         You are my hero. You are safe blanket. You were the security I needed, and the embrace I sank to needing. You were my first love. You are my hero. I love you; always and forever times infinity.
        
Much Love,
Kenzie.



No comments:

Post a Comment