Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chicken Stir Fry

Clean Eating

As I have strived to become the best me, I made the decision to start eating clean. Now, don't get me wrong. I have made a few horrible eating choices, but you can't change your entire eating habits all in one week. You can just do your best and give it your all. My weakness I have found out is 1) Lunch Time and 2) Dinner Out. Since I go to work early, I don't leave myself much time in the morning to get a lunch prepped and ready to go. So, I have been planning out meals that I will take with me.
Second, I go out to dinner with friends a lot. I usually eat whatever sounds good and enjoy a drink with it. I need to start making healthier choices while I am out to dinner. I won't stop eating out, just cause I am changing my eating habits. I am just going to become smarter about the choices I make. So, wish me luck in the week to come with meal prep.



Chicken Stir Fry

I have been in search of yummy, easy, and healthy recipes a lot lately.
Well I found this one. Simple, Easy, and Quick.




Ingredients
Brown Rice – Cook as Directed
4 cups Water
2/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Corn Starch
1 tablespoon Minced Ginger
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
3 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into matchsticks
1 8oz can of Water Chestnuts, drained
1 head Broccoli, broken into florets
1 cup Sliced Carrots
1 Onion, cut into chunks

Directions

Cook the Rice as instructed on Package.

Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Mix ginger, garlic, and red pepper into sauce; coat chicken with marinade and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bell pepper, water chestnuts, broccoli, carrots, and onion until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.

Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken until slightly pink on the inside, about 2 minutes per side; return vegetables and reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until chicken is longer pink in the middle and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve over rice.
A few Healthy Tips:
Most Stir Fry Recipes call for White Rice - Use Brown Rice or Shirataki Noodles
Don't overdue it on the oil. Small Amounts.
Make veggies the star of your dish - Bell Peppers, Squash, Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, or whatever sounds good.
Don't buy ready made sauce from the store. It may be quick and easy, but homemade sauces are much better for you. If you don't like the one about try this Spicy Ginger Sauce.
Green Tea is a great drink to go along with Stir Fry, but the boost to your metabolism is an added bonus. Plus hey, it cleans your palate so you taste all the flavors.
I hope you enjoy.
Kenzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment