Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Christmas Story


There is nothing better than a family tradition; that tradition you know you will carry on with your own kids someday. I love that my family has such wonderful traditions. We grow older and our lives change, we know that it will forever stay the same. I love that. Something passed down, generation to generation, something you looked forward to a child (still do to this day) and your children and their children someday will hopefully do the same.

Christmas Eve, after we have all filled our bellies full of yummy food, we all scurry into the living room for the story. The little children take places on our laps, in order for us all to be as close to the story teller as possible. Grandma always picks out a new book for Christmas Eve and an ornament for each of us in the family to have as well. The ornament always matches the story perfectly; I love it. One of the “older” cousins always reads the story that Grandma picks out; crazy to think that I have been in the “older” group of cousins for 6 years now and haven’t read the story yet. That is by choice though; Grandma without a doubt has tried for the last 5 years to get me to read it. I just hate reading out loud honestly.

Of course I still have all 23 ornaments; some homemade and some store bought, but I love every single one of them. The thought that someday I will have my own Christmas tree, in my own home, with all of the ornament on it, makes me happy. I know that this Christmas Eve story is a tradition that I will carry on with my future children and I hope that they fall in love with it as much as I have growing up.

I have linked up with Lisa Nicole to share my favorite Holiday Tradition.


What’s yours.?
Link up with her and share!
Much Love, Kenzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment