Friday, January 24, 2014

Super Bowl Munchies



I am linking up with Kaitlyn from Wifessionals and Brittany from This Beautiful Life 
for some fun and blogger approved Super Bowl Recipes

**lets go Sehawks** 

Honestly, these two recipes aren't just for super bowl. I promise, that once you dive into both of them, they will become staples in your household, just like mine. Or at least I hope you love them as much as I do.! Anyways, lets get onto the good stuff. First, Lil Smokies... Second, Queso.


Lil Smokies


2 - 14oz packages of Lil Smokies

1 - 19oz bottle of Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce

2 - 6oz jar of Dijon Mustard

1/2  - 12oz can of Dr Pepper

Place all the ingredients into a crock pot and stir so that all the Lil Smokies are coated with sauce. Simmer on low until hot. Since the Lil Smokies are precooked, you can enjoy them as soon as everything is heated through. I let mine simmer for at least an hour to an hour and a half before serving.




Queso


1 – 1lb box of Velvetta Cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1 – 10oz can of Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained

1 – Small can of Fire Roasted Green Chilies, undrained

1 – Package of Hot Taco Seasoning

Onion & Red Pepper

Hamburger

I love Queso, but I get bored of plain ol’ cheese Queso. I like my Queso to have flavor and texture. So, I present my favorite easy and simple Queso recipe, sure to please a crowd. I always double the recipe by the way, because it is so good.! In a crock pot, I place the cubed up Velvetta Cheese and Rotel, turning the heat to high and let the cheese start to melt Second, I sautéing the onion and red pepper, the amount of onion and red pepper is really up to you. I usually use a half of a small yellow onion and half of a red pepper, but like I said it is totally up to you. Then I add some hamburger, again the amount is up to you. For a double recipe I would usually use 1/2 lb, but if you want it meaty, then add more. While the hamburger is cooking, I add the taco seasoning and fire roasted green chilies. I like the taste it gives to the Queso when you have cooked the green chilies with the hamburger. Last, I add the hamburger mixture to the cheese and stir occasionally until the cheese is fully melted and everything is incorporated.

I hope you enjoy these two recipes as much as I do.!

- Kenzie -

1 comment: