Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What did you say..?






I know you have all been there, the moment when something comes out of your mouth and you just insert foot into mouth. Oops, I didn’t mean it like that; it’s a compliment gone wrong. Yesterday, while I was working, a couple of girls and I were talking about it. Largely due to the fact, that a guy we worked with, was notorious for it. Some of the compliments, you just stare at the person and wonder if that was supposed to be nice, or if it really just came out all wrong. If you are shaking your head right now, in disbelief that you’ve been there, well stop guessing, we all know you have. There is no way, throughout your life that you haven’t given or received a compliment gone wrong.


Here are some of the notorious ones that my friends and I have either given or received:


“Girl, all this working out is making you look great. You’re really looking skinny now.”


“Those glasses really show how long and skinny your nose is.”


“You are really pretty, but you look like a lot of high maintenance.”


“Girl, your makeup looks awesome, when you do your eyes like that it doesn’t make your eyes look so small.”


“Kenzie, you have traveled to so many places. I don’t care what anyone else says, you look like you have fun.”


“That dress looks fantastic on you. You should wear dresses more often, I like them better than those pants you wear.”


“Hey for someone who just delivered a baby, you look great.”


“That’s a great outfit; I hope you didn’t spend too much money on it.”


Yep, insert foot into mouth, walk away. I know when I have given a compliment that comes out all wrong and the person just looks at me, I feel like I want to crawl in a hole and die. I am so beyond embarrassed because, it at no way, was meant to come out like that. I am like; help me, gahhhh.! I would love to hear all of the compliments that you have either given or received, that were just bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment