Monday, August 26, 2013

Birthday Celebration Vegas Edition


Hello Monday..

I can’t believe you are already here, that weekend went by way too fast for me. I wanted it to last so much longer than it did. I wasn’t ready to leave that beautiful sunshine weather of Las Vegas, and come home to the dreary rainy weather of St. George. Even though it is quite nice outside, I do love the rain. It was such a beautiful weekend; I didn’t want it to end. I had such a fun time in Vegas celebrating for my birthday that is on Wednesday.
{Las Vegas Birthday Celebration Weekend}
So Kati and I arrived in Vegas on Thursday night after a dinner at Kathryn’s in Mesquite. Friday we ended up lying by the pool all day; go supper sun burnt. We meet a group of guys from St. Paul, MN that were hilarious and awesome to hang out with. Ended up hanging with them the entire day, and even planned on going to dinner with them that night. Levi and Ashton had planned on coming later that night once they got off of work, but around 12pm Levi informed me Ashton couldn’t make the trip and it would be just him joining Kati and I. When Levi knocked on the door, I let him in and went to shut the door when Ashton poked his head in and scared me so bad I screamed. Really loudly of course; cause he serious scared me so bad. We went to PF Changs that night for dinner; mhmmm yummy!
 
Saturday: We ate breakfast at Max Brenner and then walked around the Caesar Forum Shoppes, bought tickets to the Jabbawockeez. I love that show, and was so excited to see it again! So we played in Sony for a while, and was completely taken away with this kids talent at this DJ machine. He was really good at it. You can check the video I took of him on my Instagram. That night we got all dressed up and went out to dinner for my birthday; sushi of course. This roll we got was called Hot Mess with Screaming O Sauce. Let’s just say; it was ah-mazzzing! Hot, spicy, and totally irresistible!  Then they served us this ice cream, and I wasn’t the biggest fan of it. The ice cream had the weirdest textured shell on it, I couldn’t eat but a few bites of it. Then to the show we went and like I said, I was excited because it really is such a good and completely entertaining show!
 
Sunday: Kati and I were in desperate need of Starbucks in the morning; both had pounding headaches. Which made no sense; I barley had anything to drink the day before and Kati doesn’t drink. Must have been the lack of sleep or something, anyways after the long ass line the coffee was terrible and House of Blues just sounded so good. Kati had their Biscuits and Gravy; and let me tell you, a must order item.! Delicious! To the pool we went for an hour or so, and then Kati left to go home. So the boys and I went shopping before we left town. California Pizza Kitchen was a must at the Fashion Show Mall. Then home we went.!
(dont mind that i'm licking my lips, and have to love the swimsuit and garter of the lady behind me)
Mandalay Bay really was a beautiful hotel to stay at. I love that their pool scene has a beach, lazy river, 2 regular pools, (2) 21+ older pools; one which is a toptional pool. The rooms were nice and roomy. The service was great. The restraints were delicious, and had all sorts of price ranges. I loved that they have waitresses for the pool areas, and that they aren’t over massive areas, so you actually get to see them and they aren’t overly worked.
It was such a fun and relaxing weekend, much needed for this girl. I am sad it is over, but I am so happy that it was able to all work out and we all had as much fun as we did.
Outfit Details:
All my swimming suits are from Victoria's Secret.
Floppy Hat: Target
Red Mini Dress: Victoria's Secret
Purple Maxi: 2B BeBe, similar
Much Love, Kenzie.


No comments:

Post a Comment