Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hope, Peace, & Love.


Words of Wisdom: Seeds of Hope Foundation.

My family and I are really big into service. We believe that you should always lend a helping hand to someone in need; whether it is near or far. My family has a special place in our heart for the people in Costa Rica. We as a family have been providing different kinds of humanitarian aid projects since I was very young. Last time my parents were in Costa Rica, they came across this foundation called Seeds ofHope. It is a foundation that provides shelter, medical attention, schooling, and other necessary needs for girls who have escaped from human trafficking.
This is the first shelter in the entire country of Costa Rica to supply help of any kind to these kids that have been sexual exploited. And they need our help. The girls who are in the shelter cannot work, because they are under the age of 18. That right you heard me, these girls are under the age of 18 years old. So to collect money they sell these amazing bracelets on their website. Let me tell you, they are beautiful. I have a couple of the bracelets myself, and I wear them all the time. It is a daily reminder that I am helping these girls, and these girls really do need my support.
Anyways,, this foundation is based out Costa Rica, but is ran by a group of people from San Diego, California. They have supplied these girls with a home, 24/7 medical and psychological care, schooling, extra circular activities, vocational and religious studies, transportation, and love. This is the kind of shelter that wants to see these girls grow from the horrible tragedy they have endured, and prosper from this. Grow into beautiful, talented, smart, well educated woman who can concern anything they put their minds too.
So,, please check out their website. I would love to hear that you have donated and bought yourself a bracelet or two, became a monthly partner, or donated in anyway you possibly can . If you would like any information on the project we are doing for them, please just contact me via email kenziespafford@live.com. We plan on making a trip to Costa Rica in May of 2014. We will be supplying these girls with all kinds of wonderful supplies for the daily lives, and for their future success.
Send me a picture of you with your bracelet if you get one. I plan on doing future posts about Seeds of Hope and our journey to help this foundation and these girls.
Much Love, Kenzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment