Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

I came across this recipe a few years back. It has always been of those “Go-To” recipes for when I am craving something sweet and tangy, yet I don’t want to spend a ton of time making something. The ease of the recipe is what caught my attention, other than the obvious, Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake. After making them a few dozen times, I still consider this one of my favorite cupcakes to make. What I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to tweak it and it still turns out delicious.  

CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CUPCAKES



INGREDIENTS
Chocolate Raspberry Cake:
21 oz. can Raspberry Pie Filling
¼ cup Sour Cream
3 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Baking Soda

Raspberry Buttercream:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
½ cup Butter, softened
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/3 cup Frozen Raspberries, thawed and strained

DIRECTIONS
Cupcakes: 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pan with cupcakes liners; this recipe yields 24.
In a blender, combine Raspberry Pie Filling and Sour Cream. Puree until smooth.
In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs with vanilla. Then add the Raspberry/Sour Cream mixture. Mix together lightly.
Add Cake Mix, Cinnamon, and Baking Soda. Blend batter until you have reached a smooth consistency, but make sure to not over mix.
Fill liners ¾ full and bake for 12-14 minutes. These cupcakes bake faster than others, so please make sure to not over bake them. Check with a toothpick, if you desire.

Buttercream: 
In a bowl, combine Cream Cheese and Butter until smooth.
Add Powder Sugar, Vanilla, and Raspberry Puree. Combine.
Adjust the consistency by adding Powder Sugar and/or Puree. When you have reached the consistency you desire, place mixture into Piping Bag.
Pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Top with Fresh Raspberries and/or Chocolate Pieces if your heart desires.

 
As you can see in the pictures, I have changed mine just a bit. I didn’t make the Raspberry Buttercream and I actually topped mine with Blueberries. I had Raspberries, but that is what I get for leaving them in a fridge, where my family devours Fresh Fruit. Oooppps, my bad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment